Monday, October 27, 2014

Football Across Boone County

image
 
Belvidere Daily Republican

7 hours ago

Congratulations to Belvidere North, Belvidere and North Boone. All three teams won this weekend and are advancing to post-season play.
In case anyone is wondering why there has been a lack of coverage for Belvidere North or sports other than football, the cold harsh reality is that I was not able to find anyone to cover the games. My budget for reporters is EXTREMELY limited. Unless parents (or g...randparents or super fans) offer to write about a team, it pretty much leaves me to cover sports by myself and I cannot be all things to all people.
And after working close to 80 hours a week seven days a week, I am exhausted. I literally collapse by Friday evening and I struggle to stay awake while tucking the four year old into bed. One more than one occasion in the last few months, I have awakened to the sensation of the four year old putting a blanket on me and kissing my cheek because I fell asleep mid-song.
If any parents (or grandparents or super fans) would like to cover the team of their choice, I would happily welcome it.

No comments: