HOT ISSUES IN BOONE COUNTY
Results of Republican Club Opinion Poll, at Boone County Fair
From 204 Boone County Respondents
1. Should the Boone County Board use funds collected from the Public Safety Sales
Tax for anything other than paying off the bonds for building the jail?
YES - 47 NO - 145
2. Do you support building Wind Farms in Boone County? YES - 147 NO - 50
3. Would you support any toll increases by the Illinois State Toll Highway Authority
to rebuild a third lane to the I-90 Interstate between Belvidere and Elgin?
YES - 65 NO - 138
4. Should Casinos be allowed in the Boone/Rockford area? YES - 119 NO - 81
5. Do you support concealed carry of weapons in the State of Illinois?
YES - 136 NO - 65
6. Would you use Express Bus Service from Belvidere Oasis to (indicate all that
A. Big Timber Station in Elgin - 35
B. Schaumburg (Woodfield Mall) - 72
C. Cumberland Avenue/Pace & Blue Line Connections - 33
D. O'Hare Airport - 119
E. None of the above - 65
7. Where should Rockford Mass Transit bus route stop in Belvidere?
A. The Keen Age Center (BCCA) - 64
B. Belvidere City Hall - 63
C. Wal-Mart - 72
D. Other - Courthouse, Belvidere Township, K-Mart, Sullivans, Pacemaker,
McDonalds, Shadley Apt., Community Building, Poplar Grove (1 vote each)
8. How should local governments fund rising costs, salaries, benefits, etc.?
A. Increase Sales Tax - 50
B. Increase Property Tax - 9
C. Increase Utility Tax - 10
D. Cut Services - 118
E. Borrow Money - 7
Other Comments: Grow Tax Base; Cut Expenses; Balance Budget; Decrease
Salaries; Support Wind Farms; Cut Benefits.