Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Guest Column Dan Kenney: Rep. Manzullo, we need to hear more than ‘I’m sorry’ | The Rock River Times

I have seen so little comment on Mr. Manzullo’s insensitive comments in the Rockford area—this article is a breath of fresh air. 

isn’t it a sad irony that Mr. Manzullo can refer to the detainees as being driven by a “savage religion,” when those very same individuals have suffered the most savage of interrogation techniques by the hands of our own government while he stood by complicit with his silence?

And maybe you need to hear this poem from one of the “brutal killers” held at Guantanamo:

Death Poem by Jumah al Dossari

Take my blood.

Take my death shroud and

The remnants of my body.

Take photographs of my corpse

at the grave, lonely.

Send them to the world,

To the judges and

To the people of conscience,

Send them to the principled men

and the fair-minded.

Read the entire piece, click on the following:   Guest Column: Rep. Manzullo, we need to hear more than ‘I’m sorry’ | The Rock River Times

No comments: