Thursday, April 9, 2009

Diann Helnore: Electee as of today thanks her many supporters.

 

Diann

Dear Friends and Supporters,

Unfortunately my win may not hold through the certification process.  I won by just two votes, and now our County Clerk has come up with two additional absentee ballots from Belvidere Township, that she indicates have met the postmark requirement date of April 6, 2009, but did not arrive at the Court House until Wednesday April 8, 2009. These two absentee ballots will be opened and counted during the election canvass on April 16. This means that the election for Belvidere Township Assessor could end up being a tie,  possibly settled by a coin toss. Since I have invested so much time, money and effort into this process, it is difficult for me to believe that it could end up this way, but I understand that it is possibility. However  :) today , I am the Electee and I will be for at least the next 7 days and I want to thank my voters for that.

For your information the Election Process time line is as follows: The Canvass is set for April 16, 2009. The Certification is May 21, 2009.  The Legal Proclamation day ( what ever that means)  is April 28, 2009. The last official day that anyone can ask for a recount for any circumstance is on  May 4, 2009.  On May 7, 2009 who ever is left standing will be the elected official of their race for the next term of office. 

My kindest regards,  Diann Helnore

No comments: