Thursday, January 8, 2009

Mystery Grant

I just found out a few things about the sewer/water grant that the City of Belvidere (I think) is applying for.  It is for $600,000.  It will connect from the facilities at Belvidere North High School and run along the road to the nursing home.  It is a 4 inch water pipe, 12 inch sewer with an 8 inch service to the property at Squaw Prairie and Route 78.  The line is intended for a $20,000,000 apartment/extended care facility to be built and operated by the current management of Maplecrest Nursing Home on land owned by Boone County.  The county would lease the land to Maplecrest management.   The total cost of the city’s water/sewer project is in the neighborhood of $1,000,000 which would not include a required lift station which would be built and operated by Maplecrest management.  This is all “third hand” so I may have taken it down wrong.

Ms. Becky Tobin, Assistant Administrator of Boone County, is writing the grant (for the city I guess).  I understand that by Friday evening Ms. Tobin will have a skeleton of the grant application on the county’s website:  http://www.boonecountyil.org   Thus  written details of the grant application should be available for public review before the official public hearing on Monday, January 12, 2008.  That meeting is at 6:00 PM at Belvidere City Hall.

I hope to attend.  I would be happy to relay any questions;  use the email site above or my personal email.

Does anyone know if the county has completed the formal agreement (lease) for this planned apartment/care facility?

No comments: