Thursday, February 14, 2013

County Democrats gather for a chili supper, some politicking | Belvidere Daily Republican

Written by Bob Balgemann

Incumbent township Assessor Diann Helnore was one of those organizing the meet and greet. She’s being opposed by her chief deputy assessor, Republican Tami Torrance.

“I have kept all of my promises,” she told the group. “I worked every day; I viewed every property.”

In addition, millions of dollars in unlisted property was found throughout the township, meaning a lot of additional tax revenue. “We found airport hangars, garages, swimming pools, additions and the list goes on,” she said. “I expect to find $10 million this year.”

Click on the following for more details:  County Democrats gather for a chili supper, some politicking | Belvidere Daily Republican

No comments: