Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Can Roscoe trustee live in Rockford?

 

He [Trustee Stan Smith] said his home in Roscoe was in severe need of repair, so he bought a house in Rockford where he lives with his family while remodeling the Roscoe home. Although Smith took a mortgage out on the Rockford home, he said he has plans to move back to the Roscoe home when the necessary repairs are made. He said the Roscoe home had a problem with gas and wasn’t safe.

I still own and pay taxes on the property and have every intent to make it my official domicile. I lived in Roscoe for 25 years and I still intend to live in Roscoe,” he said. “I’m going to stay on the board. There is no reason for me not to.”

Winnebago County Deputy State’s Attorney David Kurlinkus confirmed that his office has received documents regarding Trustee Stan Smith’s residence.
“The Winnebago County State’s Attorney is going to review those documents and determine if any further action is warranted,” Kurlinkus said.

Click on the following for more details:  Beloit Daily News - your source for news, entertainment, sports, opinion, events, community, shopping and more > News > Local News

No comments: