Tuesday, October 27, 2020

Trump supporters come back to reality

LETTER TO THE EDITOR

Register Star



I plead for Trump supporters to come back to reality

Here’s yet another election letter. I’ll start this by stating that I’m no liberal elitist. I was born and raised in a small town, hometown of Ronald Reagan in the Land of Lincoln. I’m politically independent and a proud American.

That said, I want to point out just how far the party of Lincoln and Reagan has fallen in the era of Trump. Republicans once supported our great military and especially soldiers that were prisoners of war, missing in action. Remember when Trump (a draft dodger) questioned John McCain’s heroism and patriotism? Remember when he said, “I prefer my heroes not get captured”?

In case you didn’t notice, he just insulted every POW. Republicans were once known as the party of family values. Remember when Trump bragged about grabbing women? Remember that? He just bragged about sexual assault. This isn’t a spin by the liberal media or “fake news,” either. We all heard it. These are words straight from the horse’s mouth. These examples barely scratch the surface.

I don’t really blame Trump, he’s just a buffoon and B-list reality TV star playing his part. I blame his supporters. He showed us exactly who he was. Anyone with an ounce of sense or a shred of dignity knew this man had no business being anywhere near the Oval Office.

I’m reminded of a quote from a truly wise American, Mark Twain: “It’s easier to fool someone than it is to get them to admit they’ve been fooled.” Please admit your mistake and come back to reality and decency. America is best when we work together.

Josh Price, Dixon



Page 10, Register Star, October 25, 2020.

No comments: